Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Done In By the Beatles: Ginny Arnell-- Part 3

I couldn't find out much about Ginny Arnell. I'm not even sure if she is still alive. On the national charts (Billboard) "Dumbhead" peaked at #50 on November 1953. That was her only Top 100 song, though "I Wish I Knew What Dress to Wear" did get to Bubbling Under (the Top 100) in 1964. She recorded for MGM Records. //// Earlier in her career, she was a member of the duo called Jamie and Jane. Jamie was Gene Pitney, who recorded for Decca in 1959. Their biggest song was "Snuggle Up Baby." //// Her songs can be summed up pretty well with "two minutes of teen girl angst." //// Her song "I Wish I Knew What Dress to Wear" was written by Gloria Shayne who wrote the Christmas classic "Do You Hear What I Hear." She also wrote Bobby Darrin's "Goodbye Cruel World" and Mike Douglas' "The Men in My Little Girl's Life." //// --RoadDog

No comments: