Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, March 28, 2014

Spring Hasn't Sprung-- Part 2: March 24th

MARCH 24TH, 2014: Slept in considerably longer than I wanted to, but once on the road drove a few miles south and picked up US-33 and took it to I-77. Stopped at newly bypassed by US-33 Nelsonville for one of those great Burger King Rib Sandwiches and then went to the Wayne National Forest museum and headquarters.

 Missed a turnoff at some point and ended up on Ohio-124 running along beside the Ohio River through Racine before getting back on US-33 and on to I-77 in West Virginia.

Paid my three $2 tolls on the West Virginia Turnpike and stopped at Tamarack, a place anyone on the turnpike should visit. Got gas at Wytheville, Virginia, always the cheapest on the trip for $3.10!!! Bit, I'm angry that Big Oil has gotten me to think that $3.10 is a great deal. Curse you BO!!!

Drove to Mt. Airy, NC, and got a room at the Mayberry Motor Inn and did some grazing at Golden Corral. They sure close down downtown Mt. Airy, Andy Griffith's hometown and the basis for Mayberry, after 5 PM. //// --RoadDog

No comments: