Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, March 20, 2015

Wow! NCAA Tournament: Could You Expect Less?

That first day, yesterday.  Wow!!!

I was able to watch most of it, something I didn't get to do while teaching, but can do now in retirement.  I saw some great b-ball.  Like they say, you never know in March Madness.  I counted nine of what I consider to be really close games.

An NCAA record five games were decided by just one point in one day.  I especially liked the two upsets where #14s Georgia State and UAB knocked off #3s Baylor and Iowa State.  I always pull for the underdog anyway.

I saw a headline that millions of brackets were busted in less than five hours yesterday.  Yahoo Sports says that the Iowa State upset by UAB knocked 96% out of the perfect brackets.  By 5:20 p.m., there were just 2,643 perfect brackets remaining of their 12 million +.

ESPN had 11,500,000 brackets and only 270 remain perfect today.

My picks?  I finally wised up.  No picks, no bets for me after all these years.  I'm just sittin' back and enjoying myself.

No Mad Jere.  Go georgia State!!  --RoadDog

No comments: