Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, October 22, 2015

I Can Now Talk About the Cubs

I didn't much mention the Chicago Cubs before now as whenever I mention a favorite team during the season,they lose.  It's kind of like the curse of the Sports Illustrated cover.  Well, I didn't mention them and they still lost, so now I can say something.

Although I'm a White Sox fan, I back the Cubs unless they play my team.  Over my life, I have probably been to Wrigley Field more than I have been to Comiskey Park.  And, this year we had a very special team.  We watched all the games during the playoff run and had a great time until the Mets and that pitching and that Murphy guy came to town.

The Cubs were 6-0 against them during the regular season, but you sure wouldn't know it by the way they played us these past four games.  Their pitching throttled us and good old Joe wouldn't listen to me when I told him to walk Murphy every time he came to the plate.

Oh, well.  We had a great time in the Wild Card game and the NLDS.  These last four games were sheer agony.

But, we sure have something to look forward to for next year.  And, I figure the Cubs losing means I saved some big bucks on souvenirs, well, Liz did, as I don't buy Cubs stuff.

A Learning Experience.  --RoadCub


COUNTER PROVERBS:  With age comes wisdom.  --or--  Out of the mouths of babes come all wise sayings.




No comments: