Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, December 21, 2017

"Those Little Dogs Had Their Biggest Day": Wofford College Beats UNC!!


There has to be a lot of smiles on the campus of Wofford College in Spartanburg, South Carolina, today, as their team, the Terriers played National Champs University of North Carolina and BEAT them!!!

I went to the Spartanburg Herald Journal which, of course, had the story on the front page.

"Those little dogs had their biggest day.

"Wofford stunned the college basketball world Wednesday by knocking off fifth-ranked defending national champion North Carolina 79-75 at the Dean Smith Center."

Last night I had seen on the TV listings that UNC was playing Wofford, but chose not to watch it, figuring it would be a Tarheel blowout.  I sure wish I had, though.  When it comes to the Big Boys in college basketball, I am a big Tarheel fan.  But, I always pull for any of the Little Dogs when they play one of the Big Dogs.  And I sure would have been pulling for the Wofford Terriers.

In case you're wondering about Wofford College, it was established in 1854 and in the fall of 2016, had 1,692 undergraduate students.  Their teams are called the Terriers.

I imagine they have quite the thing to remember about their college years now.

I Am So Proud of These Guys!!  --RoadDog



No comments: