Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, December 8, 2017

WLS Top 40 for December 8, 1967-- Part 5: "Woman, Woman"


20.  CHAIN OF FOOLS--  Aretha Franklin    #2   That's Joe South doing the guitar introduction to the song.

19.  I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE-- Gladys Knight & the Pips    #2   #1 R&B for six weeks.  Then, Marvin got ahold of it.

18.  WOMAN, WOMAN--  Union Gap    #4    Later, Gary Puckett took front and center.  Their first hit.

17.  SHE'S MY GIRL--  Turtles    #14   Formed in Los Angeles in 1961.

16.  SUSAN--  Buckinghams    #11   WLS backing those hometown Chicago bands again.

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "For Five Long Years I Thought You Were My Man."  Answer below.  --RoadDog

ACCIDENT REPORTS:  I had been learning to drive with power steering.  I turned the wheel to what I thought was enough and found myself in a different direction going the opposite way.

"Chain of Fools"

No comments: