Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, March 29, 2018

National Vietnam War Veterans Day Today: Five Objectives of the Day


Congress outlined five objectives for National Vietnam War Veterans Day.

The primary one one to thank and honor the veterans and their families on behalf of the nation for their service.

2.  Highlight the service of the armed forces and support organizations during the war.

3.  Pay tribute to wartime contributions at home by American citizens

4.  Highlight technology, science and medical advances made during the war.

5.  Recognize contributions by U.S. allies.

While typing this, I was listening to WBRF 98.1 FM out of Galax, Virginia, and they played the song "Riding With Private Malone" by David Ball.  It sent shivers up my spine as I was typing about the Vietnam War as I am presently doing.  It always has hit me hard. The deejay obviously didn't know about today being what it is as he didn't say anything about it.  Give it a listen and watch the video on You Tube.

Right now I am listening to "Still in Saigon" by Charlie Daniels.  Another one which hits home.

I  must admit that I didn't either until I came across the article in yesterday's Chicago Tribune which I wrote about in all of today's blogs.

A Day to Reflect.


No comments: