Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, March 8, 2018

WLS Top 40 for March 11, 1968-- Part 3: "Up On the Roof"


30.  SOUND ASLEEP--  Turtles    #57  Never heard of it and didn't like it the first time I heard it on You Tube, but it grows on you if you listen to it for awhile.

29.  I DON'T WANT TO LOVE YOU--  Barry Lee Show    (No rank)  From U.K.  grows on you as well.

28.  COUNTRY GIRL -- CITY MAN--  Billy Vera and Judy Clay    #36  A definite country sound.  Wrote hit songs for many pop, rock and country performers.  Wrote theme songs of "Empty Nest" and "King of Queens."

27.  LOVE IS ALL AROUND--  Troggs   #7  They can sing pretty when they want to.

26.  UP ON THE ROOF--  Cryan' Shames   #85   Great former Drifters song slowed way down.  WLS backing the local Chicago bands.

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "I Feel It In My Fingers, I Feel It In My Toes."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"Love Is All Around"

No comments: