Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, June 27, 2019

2019 Route 66 Trip to Lebanon-- Part 3: Hardee's, Museum, Wrink's and Munger-Moss


FRIDAY, JUNE 14

Drove over to Hardee's for breakfast then went to Wal-Mart and bought CDs.

Back to the room for awhile and then to the LaClede County Route 66 Museum and enjoyed the Willem Bohr miniatures and other artifacts and momentos of the road.  This is a really good museum.  I also went into the library which takes up the rest of the old K-Mart building and spent some time researching.

Stopped at Wrink's, now Vintage Cowgirl at Wrink's and they are doing a very good lunch business.  I tried one of their fried bologna sandwiches, chips and drink for $5.  I'd never had one before and it is a good one.

Liz and I went to the American Legion on the west end of town and had a few brews then back to the Munger-Moss where we encountered problems getting in with all those old cars out front.  A local Springfield TV station was broadcasting live out there.  This was the block party celebration for the Lebanon Route 66 Festival.  A band was playing at Wrink's

One of the vendor booths was the Route 66 Association of Missouri and I had a nice talk with Bob Gehl, membership chairman and I reupped my dues for four more years.  Great organization.

--Road66

No comments: