Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, November 2, 2019

Music Deaths: Dave Bartholomew, A Major Force in New Orleans Music


DAVE BARTHOLOMEW, 100

Died June 23, 2019

American musician, bandleader, composer, arranger, record producer prominent in all things New Orleans music.  In many music genres, including rhythm and blues, Big Band, Swing Music, Rock and Roll, New Orleans Jazz and Dixieland.

He was a big reason for Fats Domino's success, co-writing and producing big hits that crossed over to white audiences.

Some of the songs he was involved with:

Wrote "My Ding-A-Ling," a big hit for Chuck Berry.
I Hear You Knocking--  Dave Edmunds
I'm Walking--  Ricky Nelson

Blue Monday
Ain't That A Shame
I'm In Love Again

Walking to New Orleans
My Girl Josephine

That's Two First Rate New Orleans Music People Dying This Month.



No comments: