Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, May 29, 2020

JSIS In These Troubling Times: People's Wealth-- IPA or Malort?-- What About All That Beer In the Coolers?-- Buses


JSIS--  Just Some Interesting Stuff in These Troubling Times.

Taken from the Chicago Tribune.

1.  PEOPLE'S WEALTH--  One thing that alarms me is how many people in the United States appear to be living paycheck to paycheck with all these folks applying for unemployment.  This just shows the increasing gap between those who are super rich and most everyone else.

2.  IPA OR MALLORT?--  I see that Revolution Brewing Company was stuck with a lot of kegs of their flagship Anti-Hero IPA beer that was running out of freshness code and would have to be thrown out.  But, they have reached a deal with Chicago's CH Distillery to create a Malort liquor made from the IPA beer.  Making the best of a bad situation.

Malort is an extremely bitter liquor in Chicago.  I had a taste once... but not again.  Bitter is an understatement.  Of course, I don't like IPA either.  If I only had the choice of drinking an IPA or water, I's choose good ol' H2O.

3.  WHAT ABOUT ALL THAT BEER IN THE COOLERS?--  Which brings me to this thought.  What about all that beer in bar coolers when the shutdown hit?  Much if not most of that is now probably out of date as well.  What a waste of good beer.  And, we all know that the freshness code really is too short.  If it ain't funky, I'm drinking it.  Hey, what about specials on the expired beer?

4.  BUSES--  And, one "s" is the correct plural form of the word.  But, I had to look it up.  The nation's 3,000 or so private bus lines and the millions of people who rely on them for cheap transportation are worried about surviving this without government intervention.More than 95% of the country's private bus fleet is now shut down.

How Did That Old Song Go?  "A Change's Gonna Come."  --RoadLort

THOSE FUNNY COUNTRY SONGS:  "Did I Shave My Legs for This?"



No comments: