Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Every Blooming THing, Middle May: Creeping Phlox and Some Perennial


It has been quite hard to work in the yard because of the horrible spring we're having.  Very few decent days.  Usually, quite chilly and/or rainy.  Once in awhile, we get a decent day, but it is a rarity.  Yesterday it rained off and on all day and was quite cool and windy.  Of course, then heavens opened up on Sunday and man did we get the rain.

Right now, the yard is a mass of tulips, mostly purple creeping phlox and some sort of perennial with gray foliage and yellow flowers.  The wild tall phlox and daisies are about to turn the yard into a purple and white affair (and I have hundreds of them).  The grape hyacinths are blooming.

One of the crabapples with white blooms is about spent.  The other day I was working out by it and it felt and looked like a warm snowstorm with all the petals falling.  I have four more crabapples beginning to bloom as well as the lilacs.

************************************

Sadly, I have a golden rain tree and a Bradford pear tree which are dead and will have to come down.

I have been transplanting lots of hostas, black-eyed Susans, mums and purple coneflowers.

The daffodils and hyacinths are spent, but put on quite a show.

The dandelions, of course, are luxuriant and plentiful.

Hope to get to my huge burn pile this weekend.  We can only burn in the spring on weekends during April and May so am running out of time.  Pretty much every weekend has been a rainout or wind out so far.

My Flowers.  I Think I'll Keep Them.  --RoadBud

LAUGHTER HELPS WITH THE "V":  And I was just about to start going to the gym again.  Oh well, orders is orders.




No comments: