Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, September 28, 2021

WLS Top Ten for Week of September 27, 1971:

Just fifty short years ago, these were the top songs in Chicago according to WLS, 890 AM.

1.  MAGGIE MAY / REASON TO BELIEVE--  Rod Stewart

2.  GO AWAY LITTLE GIRL-- Donny Osmond

3.  SWEET CITY WOMAN--  Stampeders

4.   THE NIGHT THEY DROVE OLD DIXIE DOWN--  Joan Baez

5.  I WOKE UP IN LOVE THIS MORNING--  Partridge Family

6.  MARIANNE--  Stephen Stills   (Without C, S or Y.)

7.  SPANISH HARLEM--  Aretha Franklin

8.  SUPERSTAR--  Carpenters

9.  STICK-UP--  Honey Cone

10.  DO YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN--  Lee Michaels

****************************

DEBUTS

23.  I'VE FOUND SOMEONE OF MY OWN--  The Free Movement   (I'd forgotten this one.)

26.  ONE FINE MORNING--  Lighthouse  (Still one of the greatest rockers and Those Horns!!)

29.  BIRDS OF A FEATHER--  Raiders

30.  RAIN DANCE--  Guess Who

WHAT ARE YOU DOING SUNDAY--  Dawn

 

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "Virgil Caine Is My Name And I drove On The Danville Train."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down"


No comments: