Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, September 16, 2021

Good Times Last Week-- Part 3: Newspapers, Cassette Tapes, Summer 1971, 80s A to Z, Band on a Deck, Beer and Wings and a Little Blue Nun

Continued from September 8, 2021.

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 5

Front Porch as usual for breakfast, coffee and read the Chicago Tribune.   Hard copy of course, there is just something I like about a newspaper in hand, but the price of paper copies is getting pretty dear so don't know how much longer I can continue to keep it coming. It is now $3 daily and $5.75 on Sunday.

I recorded Bob Stroud's Rock and Roll Root Salute to Summer 1971, Part 4, on Chicago's WDRV, 97.1 FM.  Really took me back those fifty years.  Back in 1971, I was recording on cassette tapes and I recorded this show on cassette tape as well.

Stuck with those old newspapers and cassette tapes, you know.

I also have been recording segments of the Drive's 80s A to Z which they have been running since Friday and will continue through Labor Day tomorrow.   They are also going to continue with it starting next Friday.  I figure these will be great Firebird Cruising songs since it is a 1985 and still has a cassette deck.

We went to Choppers where we met Glenn and Barb and enjoyed sitting out on the deck listening to John Piet and his pal entertain with lots of oldies.  The $2 draft beer and 45 cent wings didn't hurt either.  We were sitting out by a channel with plenty of Chain of Lakes boat traffic.

We came back home and sat out by the Flats on the east side of the house and finished off the last of our anniversary Blue Nun wine.

Still Stuck in the Old Days, I Reckon.  --RoadDog


No comments: