Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Every Blooming THing, Mid June

The yard has been ablaze in purples and whites the last three weeks as the tall wild phlox and daisies have been blooming.  I must have several hundred of each.  I even have clumps of daisies growing in the yard in about 12 places.

In addition, the Japanese lilacs are now in bloom with those massive white flower bunches.  The peonies are also blooming.  Also, my Missouri primrose is blooming as is a perennial which has yellow flowers blooming on its spike (but I don't know the name of it).

I have started trimming bushes and will tell you sincerely that I planted way too many of the yews.  Plus, I have way too many burning bushes.  I have been and still am cutting down weed trees andother wild growth.

This past Sunday I talked with a friend at the McHenry Legion who has a landscaping service and will have him come over an do some serious tree trimming.  

When I started planting all this stuff in 1993, I was still a somewhat healthy 42-year-old and it never occurred to me that one day I might be getting too old to do all the work.  Well, it has now iccurred to me.  In addition, I spend way too much time on these blogs.

I am hoping that I will be able to continue cutting the grass what with gas prices around $5.80.

It's Getting Tougher, You Know.  --RoadDog


No comments: