Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, June 27, 2022

Indy Here We Come: Race Day Arrives

Continued from June 11.

SUNDAY, MAY 29

Race Day is here.  The Indy 500, and my 10th straight trip to see it (other than, of course 2020 when no spectators were allowed inside the track).  I never thought I'd get hooked on any kind of car racing, but must admit I'm into Indy Car now.

We just have to cross the street from the Legion and we are there.  But then, its a long walk to get to our seats, which now cost $215.  I never thought I'd pay that much for any ticket either.  But, its the Greatest Spectacle in Racing as they say.

The, there are those mean old horrible stairs to clmb.  Those have been wearing me out ever since I first went.  I can take them when there is a crowd and a few steps at a time, but straight up, no.  It took me two stops this time to get the numbness gone in my knees.

The Indy 500 is  strange because they allow you to bring beer cans and plastic bottles in.  However, I don't drink anything until the last quarter of the race as there is no way I am going down and back up those stairs.

The Indy 500, in addition to bing a car race is also probably the biggest salute to our military in the whole country.  The opening ceremonies are all about them.

--RoadDog


No comments: