Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, June 9, 2022

Mighty Cool and Rainy Spring: Granny's, Donovan's, Fox Lake Historical Society, Stucky's, Gas Over $5!!! and McHenry Legion

MAY 17, Tuesday

Met the Sunnyside crowd at Granny's Diner in Johnsburg for the weekly breakfast. Did some yardwork and cut the grass.  Saw two of my favorite movies on TV "Gran Torino" and "Guardians of the Galaxy."

MAY 18, Wednesday

Met the usual suspects at Donovan's in Twin Lakes.

****************************

MAY 19, THURSDAY

I spent quite a lot of time cutting down weed trees by the back  deck

MAY 20, FRIDAY

Two more really good movies on TV:  "The Breakfast Club" and "Anchorman:  The Legend of Ron Burgundy."

****************************

MAY 21, SATURDAY

Sad time at the Fox Lake Historical Society this Monday as our long-time president died Thursday.  

Gas above $5 in Fox Lake!!!  We need to do something about the GRBs!!

Liz and I went to Stucky's in Johnsburg for dinner and karaoke (and, of course, those wonderful $1draft pints.

MAY 22, SUNDAY

Man has it gotten cool.  The furnace was running this morning.  All in all, this has been a really crummy spring and with all this rain and wind, I was unable to burn the tree limbs and branches.  Today was the last day I could legally do this because I will be out of town next weekend.

Liz and I went to the McHenry American Legion and enjoyed the $3 rail drinks ($1.50 during happy hour which really makes me happy.

--RoadDog


No comments: