Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, August 12, 2022

Summer of 1972 Again-- Part 8: 'Too Late to Turn Back Now'

Songs that were on the radio and in our record collections on August 7, 1972, fifty years ago.

It's Bob Stroud's annual trip back fifty years to a great summer back in our youth on Chicago's WDRV, 97.1 FM, The Drive.

I was still in Georgia at the University of Georgia, finishing up my summer school classes, but getting ready to transfer back to Northern Illinois University where I had gone freshman and sophomore years.  Slowly, I was becoming aware that as much as I was enjoying college life, and I sure did, it was getting time to go to the next phase of my life.

HAPPY--  Rolling Stones

SUMMER SUN--  Jamestown Massacre

SATURDAY IN THE PARK--  Chicago

TOO LATE TO TURN BACK NOW--  Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose

BRANDY (YOU'RE A FINE GIRL)--  Looking Glass

JACKIE WILSON SAID--  Van Morrison

HERCULES--  Elton John

LONG COOL WOMAN (IN A BLACK DRESS)--  Hollies

WITCHY WOMAN--  Eagles

I NEED YOU--  America

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "But He Made It Clear He Couldn't Stay, No Harbor Was His Home."  --Answer below.  --RoadDog


"Brandy"


No comments: