Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, December 24, 2007

Didn't Want to Do It...


Well, I sure didn't want to do it, but, I just had to do it.

And that was to buy some more Christmas stuff. Liz and I are about to get Christmassed out of the house with our (well, my) ever-expanding collection. I fully intended not to buy anything this year, but, like I said....

1. Last week, I was forced to buy a house with lights that are synchronized to three different Christmas songs including "Carol of the Bells," " Deck the Halls," and the one that is used in the Miller Lite commercial this year and made the internet rounds last year. I bought it at Walgreens and it would have been worth the $20 they originally wanted, but at $13--too good of a deal to pass up.

2. This past Friday, I went to Big Lots in Round Lake Beach, and found an animated penguin with a chick in an egg that sand duets on "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and "Baby, It's Cold Outside." That was just too cute to pass up. And a deal at $10 marked down from $20.

3. Also at Big Lots, I found a three piece lighted porcelain set that is just what any roadie needs. It has an old motel, gas station, and diner along with people and vehicles.

I Didn't Want to Have to Do It. --RoadDog

No comments: