Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Just Some Stuff-- JSS


JSS--  Just Some Stuff

1. Still waiting for some above-freezing days to get the snow/ice off the driveway and sidewalk. We've only had one day above freezing since Dec. 1st. Yesterday, I went out and chopped holes in the ice as well as the 9 inches of snow/ice pack at the foot of the driveway. I'm hoping that will help do some melting as it is supposed to get over freezing the next four or five days.

2. Sunday, Liz and I went to Twin Lakes to have some of those great $3 Bloody Mary meals at Main Street, and play NTN at Donovan's. We had four top tens in the course of the afternoon. Alfons, Tomas, and George played with us. Watched the Packers defeat the St. Louis Rams (still should be Los Angeles Rams to me) in a close game until the second half. Brett Favre keeps rolling on and set the NFL career mark with most yards passing. Too bad DaBears don't have him. Green Bay, my second favorite NFL team, is now 12-2 (with one of those losses coming from my favorite NFL team, DaBears!!!).

3. Speaking of the DaBears, this has been quite a come-down this year after going to the Super Bowl last season. Watched them play Monday Night Football last night at Margaritaville, our basement bar here at Key North. They played well in the first half, but definitely have to find a qb for next season. The three we have now are not the answer.

The Bears loss drops the record to 5-9. Believe it or not, they were still mathematically in the running for the playoffs until last night. There is no way this team deserved to go.

4. Going over to see Frances at Alden Terrace Nursing Home in McHenry. Later today, I'll stop by Round Lake Middle School to congratulate Hollis on 30 years of coaching 8th grade girls basketball. This is his last home game.

Then I will stop by the White Castle in Ivanhoe and have some sliders before deejaying at Santa Maria School in Mundelein. I have been deejaying there since about 1984, now, that's a long time to be doing something.

5. While getting the stream for 94.9 FM the Surf out of Myrtle Beach, SC, earlier this morning, I saw that the temperature was 27 degrees, the same as here in Spring Grove, Illinois. After all of Billy Smith's bragging about the 80s they had last week, I had to e-mail him and let him know. He announced it on-air and called me a loyal listener as I have been e-mailing several times a week the past several weeks. He is one of my favorite deejays.

Keeping On Keeping On Down Da Road. --Cooter

No comments: