Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Heartsfield Howdy Aching Back

I belong to an e-mail list for a favorite country rock band called Heartsfield which has been making music around the Midwest since the '70s.

The most recent posting had the group leader evidently out working in the yard. After reading it, I would have to say I concur with his thoughts.

ACHY-- garden work
SORE-- tree limb removal
HURTING-- yardwork
LEGS IN PAIN-- Way too much lifting along with crunching knees
ARMS READY TO FALL OFF-- Hole digging (I hate roots)
SCREW IT-- Maybe I should just buy frickin' tomatoes
HAVE TO REST FOR SHOW-- Doans pills, aspirin, Cabo, remote

And, I can remember an old nursery on Grand Avenue just a little west of Gurnee Mills that was called Bailey's Achin' Back Acres. Talk about your truth in advertising.

It gets HARDER and HARDER to work in the yard EVERY YEAR. --RoadDog

No comments: