Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Way to Go MLB

Congratulations to Major League Baseball and Hall of Famer Dave Winfield (whose foul ball I caught at Comiskey Park way back when off a Britt Burns pitch-the only one I EVER caught) for doing an honorary draft for those remaining members of the old Negro League. This was held in advance of the annual amateur

These players deserved to be in the Majors, but the color of their skin deprived most of the opportunity in a major injustice.

Joe B. Scott, 87, "I love baseball. I used to get a whipping for playing it. My mother used to whip me on Thursdays and Sundays. Those were my whipping days because she knew I was on the ballfield. But I didn't cry when she whipped me."

Had it not been for the breaking of the color barrier, I never would have gotten to see my two all-time favorite White Sox players: Tommy Agee and Harold Baines. And of course the two Chicago baseball icons Minnie Minosa and "Mr. Cub", Ernie Banks.

Talk about Something Else. June and both Chicago baseball teams are in first place in their divisions!!! Like I say, I ALWAYS back the Cubbies...UNLESS they play the White Sox!!

Talk About a Guy Who Played Through the Pain!! --RoadDog

No comments: