Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Life with a Sore Thumb

Miserable. And especially miserable when on vacation. Talk about bad timing!!!

I believe the culprit to be my yard, specifically, a type of sticker plant I was removing last week. I ended up with a sticker in my right thumb. I pulled it out, well, part of it anyway. There was a little bit left and I decided to get the rest of it out later. I forgot.

Normally, this is no problem. I'm always getting scrapes, stuck, bitten by spiders, (only stung twice), sore fingers, blood from scratches, etc., while tooling around the yard. That's just par for the course.

But, this accident went above and beyond anything yard-related I've ever encountered, other than the cut in the eye from a mum plant that got infected and put me out of commission for a week back in fall of 2004.

I have been in pain (and I don't handle pain at all) ever since we left on the vacation last Thursday. Until yesterday, it was about double its usual size with a big area of swelling. It's still big, but decreasing as we finally have puss coming out of it. Gross and smelly.

Since Friday I have been to one hospital emergency room in Litchfield, Illinois, and the Springfield Clinic.

I'll be writing some more on the pain.

Yard's Trying to Get Me!!! --RoadDog

No comments: