Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, June 1, 2008

JSS: Has Summer Arrived?-- Cassette Players, Anyone?-- Boating-- Yardwork

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. HAS SUMMER ARRIVED?-- Finally getting that 70 degrees weather we've been waiting for so long this spring. We only had about four days above 70 degrees this past May, and it was down right COLD Tuesday.

We've had 70+ days since Friday, but with a lot of wind, but I'll take it.


2. CASSETTE PLAYERS, ANYONE-- Took a ride into McHenry Friday and ate at a Chinese buffet. I sure don't know how they serve that great food for that small price. I had some time before the movie after I finished so walked over to the Salvation Army Thrift Store and looked around.

I was about to leave when I spied an aisle with lots of video recorders and cassette players. I had never considered this to be a place to look for those increasingly hard-to-find cassette decks and boomboxes. Just try to find these at Circuit City or Wal Mart anymore.

I was able to buy a dubbing cassette player.


3. BOATING-- The boat is at the marina and ready for the water. With this warmer weather, I'm rady to get on with my yachting (if I can afford the gas this year).


4. YARDWORK-- I have been getting quite a bit done out in the yard however. I'm definitely of the opinion that I planted too much. It wasn't bad ten years ago, but, for some reason, a ten year older body gets considerably more sore.


Just Some Stuff. --RoadDog

No comments: