Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Top Disco Hits

The Jan. 27th List Universe had a LIST of the top fifteen Great Disco Hits.

I liked the music, but wasn't too keen on the lifestyle and culture folks tried to build around it.

As a deejay, if you're having problems getting people out on the dance floor, just put on most any of these in the list, and, if they are going to dance, this will get them going.

15. Funkytown-- Lipps, Inc.-- 1980-- Could be classified Nu-Disco. I like this and "Double Dutch Bus" which I normally play together.

14. Get Down Tonight-- KC and the Sunshine Band-- 1975-- First of five No. 1s. I would put all five of them on the list. Another sure fire way to get folks on the floor.

13. Turn the Beat Around-- Vickie Sue Robinson-- 1976. I liked the girl from Miami Sound Machine's version as well.

12. You Should be Dancing-- Bee Gees-- 1976-- How did that guy hit those high notes?

11. Brick House-- Commodores-- 1977-- Down Right Dirty id you ask me. She's built like a what? Some say a "brick ____house." A great follow-up to "I've Had the Time of My Life" from Dirty Dancing. And, speaking of dirty dancing...not as bad as #9.

10. Heart of Glass-- Blondie-- 1979-- also ushered in the New Wave Sound.

Top Nine Tomorrow. --RoadDog

No comments: