Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, November 13, 2009

JSS: Most-Expensive Coffee-- Most-Expensive Keg-- Another Waste of Time

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. MOST-EXPENSIVE COFFEE--EVER!! Wednesday, after the Veterans Day Ceremony by the Fox Lake, Illinois, train station, I went to a new local business, Koffee Kafe, and ordered a medium (16 0z.) cup of something beginning with the letter "M" for $1.95. I didn't know that extras cost more, and by the time I got it, the price was $3,95!! I've never spent that much for a cup of coffee in my life.

I have never been to a Starbucks, or is that FiveBucks? So prices like that are shocking. I must admit it was probably the best coffee I've ever had, though. And that includes McCafe which are great too.

However, yesterday, I got a 20-oz. cappachino from the local Mobil station for $1.38 and that was very good as well.


2. MOST-EXPENSIVE KEG--EVER!! Also, after the ceremony, I went to the Legion and paid John for the keg we drank Sunday. It cost $85!!! I haven't bought one for a long time, but seem to remember that last time it was around $65. Our governor's new "sin taxes" are a real pleasure. Thanks, gov!!


3. ANOTHER WASTE OF TIME-- Da Bears lose again, with their fourth straight sorry effort. $30-Million Dollar Boy Jay had four interceptions before I fell asleep in the fourth quarter. I think he must be going for the NFL record for interceptions. For this output, we could have just as well had Gross Rex.

Who's idea is it to have football on Thursday night anyway? Well, at least we now know another NIGHT that the Bears don't play on.

Just Some Stuff. --RoadDog

No comments: