Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Made It to North Carolina

Arrived in Goldsboro last night after two days on the road.

It rained most of the way on Wednesday through Illinois and Indiana. Finally stopped in Ohio. Great news, McRib sandwiches are back at McDonald's!! Saw them advertised at the place in Gibson City, Illinois and again at the one in Zanesville, Ohio. I love McRibs!!!

Gas prices were $2.60 most of the way except $2.42 in Wyhteville, Virginia.

Spent several hours at David Wickline's 66 Roadhouse Bar and Grille north of Columbus (off I-270). He signed his book "Images of 66" and showed me around his place with all its Mother Road stuff. I especially liked his Twin Arrows and Cadillac Ranch as well as the US flag made out of license plates.

Not only that, but he also has a very reasonably priced menu and lots of road food from both 66 and other routes he has drive. I had my first-ever onion burger and a great appetizer called CFB, Country-Fried Bacon. Highly suggest it.

More to Come. --RoadDog

No comments: