Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Why I Took TWO Showers Yesterday

Yesterday, I had planned to go to Dog 'N Suds for that great root beer and the $1 Charcoburgers, go boating and then to It's Thursday in Antioch to listen to a country band and enjoy the festivities.

Well. one out of three will have to do.

After enjoying the front porch in the morning (coffee and Tribune), I went on the internet and posted to the blogs. Then, I planted seven perennials in the backyard as well as transplanted a bunch of plants.

I then took a shower and went out to the boat without going to Dog 'N Suds, figuring we'd go there after we came in from the water.

Picked up Kevin and Kelly and did a slow ride around Fox Lake since the whole Chain of Lakes is no wake because of all of last weekend's rain. Very pleasant without the super fast boats and kids being pulled on tubes.

A SUDDEN SPLASH

When putting the boat up (tying up and putting on the mooring cover), I did something I wasn't hoping not to do. The last few snaps on the back of the boat require me to perch precariously on the fantail, pull the mooring cover down hard and try to maneuver the snaps together.

This always is a bit scary. Should my hand slip, the result is a quick plunge in the water.

It happened so fast I didn't have any time to react. The next thing I know, I'm head first in the water and wondering, "What the hell?" Then, I had the pleasure of feeling my feet sink into about a foot of mud.

Even better, I had my cell phone and wallet on me.

There goes the trip to Antioch. Nothing left to do but go home, change and take ANOTHER SHOWER.

A Slightly Wet Guy. --RoadDog


REMEMBER WHEN decisions were sometimes made by "eeny, meeny, mighty, moe?"

No comments: