Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Kinda Comic-- Pickles

This is a fairly new one in the Chicago Tribune. This was in the June 27th comic section.

Pickles is about a grandpa and grandma dealing with family, the world and each other. Grandpa Earl reminds me a lot of myself.

FIRST PANEL

WIFE: Oh good, you're back. Did you get the tomato sauce?
EARL: Oops! I knew I was forgetting something (as he holds a grocery bag).

SECOND PANEL:

WIFE: That's what I sent you to the store for...TOMATO SAUCE!!

THIRD PANEL:

EARL: Sorry about that, but look...I found my favorite brand of sardines! They're hard to find and they were on sale.

FOURTH PANEL:

WIFE: Sardines? Why do you always think we need sardines? We already have a pantry full of them.

FIFTH PANEL:

EARL: (Now here's the one that fits me.) I believe if you find something you like, you should buy a lifetime supply, because they're probably going to stop making it.

SIXTH PANEL:

WIFE: Yeah, well, to me, one can of those things is a lifetime supply.

As I continue to stock up on VHS and cassette tapes before they take them away from me. Oh, yes, and CDs as well. Plus, things to play them on. This struck home. Although I'm not a fan of sardines, I'm sure Liz must often feel like the wife.

It Hits Home. --RoadDog


Retirement Q & A: Question: What is the biggest gripe of retirees? Answer: Not enough time to get things done. (It really is!!)

No comments: