Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Properly Celebrating the 4th of July-- Part 4-- Staying At Home

Decided to make our 4th of July observance on Monday, July 5th, an at home one.

Besides, I still have lots of work to do out in the yard and accomplished a lot of it. I worked on the front porch flower bed, front of the house, west side, arboretum and Frances' Back 40.

Not only did I work (and working in the yard is not exactly work to me as I ENJOY it) in the yard, but I also got to enjoy it.

I enjoyed tunes and a couple beers out at Heineman's in the arboretum while talking with the neighbors. Then, I had a couple more beers in the gazebo while enjoying peanuts (Liz gets mad at me when I eat peanuts in the shell in the house. For some reason she says I make a mess). Cool breezes there as well.

Then read the newspaper on the front porch and later had corn on the cob OD (On Deck).

Now, This Is Also a Great Way to Celebrate the 4th of July. --RoadDog

No comments: