Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Another Look at the NIU-Toledo Game

I have to rate this as one of the best I've ever seen as far as excitement, It just went back and forth. Neither team had a defense and ran and passed at will. I don't think there were more than four punts the whole game. The final score would have been even closer except that he Rockets twice went for two-point conversions and Northern's D actually stopped them.

It got to the point that whoever had the ball last was going to win...and they almost did.

And did I mention, it was against our long-time nemesis, the Toledo Rockets? However, regardless who won, it would have been a great game.

Last night, we were at Tommy's Sports Bar in Spring Grove and Channel 7 ran the scoring plays in its news. And ESPN, in their 60 second show ran the game with the words "Greatest Football Game?" Unfortunately, the sound was off so couldn't hear what they were saying.

The sports announcers for ESPN2 sure had a great time announcing the game and long-time NIU sports announcer Bill Baker was completely beside himself.

That Was One Helluva Game. --RoadDog


PARAPROSDOKIAN SENTENCE: I discovered that I scream the same way whether I'm about to be devoured by a great white shark or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot.

No comments: