Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

ECU Shooting for the Highest Level of Sports Competition-- Part 1


From the East Magazine: Magazine of East Carolina University.

Over the last decades, East Carolina University has striven to play at the top levels of collegiate athletics, and it hasn't been easy. I am a big supporter of the East Carolina Pirates, even though I did not go to school there.

My parents did as did an aunt and two cousins. Had I continued living in North Carolina, it is very likely that I would have gone there.

I watch the football team whenever I can and wear the team shirts and hats often. There was always the time that Liz and I were in a bar in Dodgeville,Wisconsin, on New Year's Day watching the Peach Bowl game between ECU and North Carolina State many years ago.

Now, those people had never heard of ECU, but by the end of the game they were all pulling for the Pirates. Of course, with NC State jumping off to a big lead and East Carolina coming back to win in the second half, it was a close one.

More to Come. --RoadDog

No comments: