Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Another Really Cold Flashback

I went to a double feature at the theater today, seeing "Thirty Down Zero"? and "Gangster Squad" and then a stop at McDonald's for a McRib meal.  My idea of a great afternoon.

Then, to the local Mobil station for a pumpkin spice cappachino ($1.39 with tax, try that at Starbucks).  Driving from McDonald's to Mobil, I had the heat on high as it is REALLY COLD here, probably about 1 degree not counting chill.  The heat was blasting away.

There is just something about that heat finally catching on and flowing all that great warm air throughout the car when it is that cold outside.  The, I happened to have 94.7 FM on, good old WLS, the station that so many of us in Chicago grew up with in the 60s and 70s.  And, Fred Winston was the deejay, another golden oldie.  Even better, the Guess Who's "No Time" was on and then "(I Can't get No) Satisfaction."

It was deja vu all over again as Yogi would say.

And, specifically it reminded me of being in somebody's car going somewhere on a cold night either in high school or college.  If I recall, which ever it was, we were really crammed in the car.

Taking Me Way Back.  --RoadDog

No comments: