Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Finally Taking Down the Christmas Decorations

Well, I do have a good excuse.  We were gone for the last three weeks.  Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.  Liz is getting ready to accuse me of reverting to my red neck roots since no one else in our subdivision has theirs still up.

She worked like a fiend taking down everything upstairs before we left.  Of course, working inside is not the same as doing it outside this time of the year in this part of the country, the Midwest.  It is not much fun when the wind whips through you blowing all that cold and colder Siberian Express stuff.  I have to pick the right days to get out there.

Yesterday, it was almost 40 degrees, but strong wind and I still managed to get most of the front down.  I'll have to finish by today as the weather gets a WHOLE LOT COLDER starting tomorrow and Monday's high predicted at a balmy 7 degrees.

Fortunately, over the years, I have developed a plan that lets me put up the outside lights a, garland and wreaths in 5-6 hours, depending upon what I can remember from the year before.  I can take it down in about three hours, maybe less.

Time to Get Out There.  --RoadDog

No comments: