Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, January 25, 2013

What to Horde Now: Disappearing Products and Me-- Part 3

6.  SUZUKI CARS--  The company is stopping sales in the U.S. once current inventory runs out.  It is the second-worst selling brand behind Daimler's Smart cars.  I've never bought a foreign car and don't intend to, even if much of the "American" cars are built elsewhere.  And, Smart Cars may be smart, but they sure look dumb.

7.  CLASSIC YSL PRODUCTS--  Yves St. Lawrent is phasing out their classic logo.  Glad they told me what YSL stood for.

8.  RALPH LAUREN RUGBY LINE--  Launched in 2004, all 14 stores will be closed in February.  I like rugby, but have never had any clothing.  What are the fashion outlet malls going to do?

9.  BURGUNDY WINE--  About 40% of the grapes were lost in 2012.  I don't drink much wine.

10.  ARABICA COFFEE--  Rising temperatures are destroying most of crop.  This coffee makes up 70% of the global market.  This one might hurt as I like my cup of coffee in the morning.

11.  MUNICIPAL BONDS--  Not extinct, but very hard to find as investors are buying them because of their being tax-exempt.  I don't have any.

Oh Well.  --RoadDog

2 comments:

troutbirder said...

Hmmmm. Our advisor says buy those municiples...:)

RoadDog said...

I just might have to do that. Sure not making anything on CDs anymore and still have to pay tax on the joke amount.