Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What to Horde Now: Disappearing Products and Me

From December 17, 2012, Yahoo! Finance by Vanessa Wong.

1.  Incandescent Light Bulbs-- unless they can meet new standards in 2013, they're gone by next year.  I'm already stocking up on them.

2.  Old iPhone Charger--  Imagine Apple having planned obsolescence!  No problem here, I don't have an iPhone and wouldn't know how to use one if I did.

3.  Stamp Collections--  I never got into it, but I do keep a few stamps from each year with my journals.

4.  Motion Picture Film--  Fuji is dropping production.  Filmmakers are going to digital technology.  No problem here as my kids never saw a movie in class back in the 70s as I couldn't quite get the hang of threading the film.

5.  Issue of Newsweek Magazine--  First printed in 1933.  The last print issue on the newstands now.  I saw one yesterday.  I subscribed to the magazine on several different occasions and was about to get a new subscription a couple months ago with the great deal they were offering.  Glad I didn't.

I like my news in hand, not on some screen.  I did have a subscription to US News and World Report when they printed their last issue.  I could get their digital edition, but, like I said, I don't do news that way, well, except in gathering news for these darn blogs.

It's Not Me.  They're Taking All My Stuff Away.  --RoadDog

No comments: