Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

NC Bound 2013-- Part 4: Gettin' My 'Cue and On to Goldsboro/Cheerwine Fix


SEPTEMBER 8TH.

The Mayberry Motor Inn in Mt. Airy, NC, has a nice little continental breakfast which I ate out at that wonderful gazebo. Then, I read some more of Mark Bradley's book on the Battle of Bentonville as I plan to go to a seminar on it September 14th. LOVE THAT GAZEBO.

Sadly, had to get on the road and took the US-52 bypass, Andy Griffith Bloulavard south to US-52 (soon to be the I-74 Corridor). Took it past Pilot Mountain to Winston-Salem, then US-421 east to I-40.

Stopped at the Hursey's BBQ in Burlington, but found it was closed on Sundays. Then stopped at Smithfield's BBQ and Chicken in Mebane and got my 'cue fix. I had also had 'cue at the Golden Corral last night.

Heavy traffic, but no jams all the way through the Durham-Raleigh horror. Stopped at J.R.'s in Smithfield to check out their stuff and then drove on into Goldsboro and bought six two-liter bottles of Diet Cheerwine, a real treat.

Arrived. --RoadDog

No comments: