Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, September 2, 2013

Where Were You September 1, 1973?-- Part 2; How I Got My Teaching Job


Liz's mom, Frances, made me fill out the application for the Round Lake School District, which, as it turned out, needed to fill a position just two weeks before school began for a person who could teach history (my major) and geography (my minor). But, like I said, I was fed up with all things education by then.

Then I told her that I wouldn't waste my money and put one of those expensive stamps on the envelope. (How much were stamps back in 1973?) She put one on. Then, I wasn't going to waste my gas to drive it to the post office. She did.

Around a week before Liz and I got married, they called and wanted an interview which ended up being the day before we got married. I went in, and they hired me. I signed my contract August 24th. We had planned on a nearly week-long honeymoon, but that got reduced to two days.

Well, I had always planned on being a teacher since I was seven, so I guess this worked out.

A Teaching IWill Go.  --RoadDog

No comments: