Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, September 2, 2013

Where Were You September 1, 1973?-- Part 1


Yesterday, Bob Stroud had part 4 of his monthly Rock and Roll Roots Time Warps back to the summer of '73. As I have already mentioned, this was a "Big" summer for me. I had graduated from NIU and had been looking unsuccessfully for a teaching job while living with Liz's parents in Palatine, Illinois.

In the meantime, I had been working three days as a mover (and I can say that is a really hard way to earn a buck (and I was getting $10 an hour, real big money back then). I was also driving a van back and forth from the Sheraton Inn-Walden in Schaumburg to O'Hare.

In late July, I got a full-time job working as an assistant manager at a Bonanza Sirloin Pit in Buffalo Grove and figured that would likely be my career job. I had given up on getting a teaching job and felt I was so poorly treated at interviews I wanted nothing to do with education anymore.

But, Then, Frances Made Me Fill Out the Round Lake School District Application. --RoadDog

No comments: