Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The State of Cell Phones: Didn't Get Mine


Are you one of the 9 million or so who have signed up for the new I-whatever phones? Sorry to say, but I didn't. I know a lot of you will be getting rid of the "new" one you bought less than a year ago to get this "new" one. At least new until the next "new" phone comes out several months down the road.

Of course, Liz and I have phones that are just a wee bit dated. I think they might even be Cingular phones and I think we got them back in 2003 (my first one). And, I still don't really know how to use mine for the most part. I have never texted or read a text and wouldn't know how to nor plan to.

We were at Captain's Quarters Saturday for their band and "Pirate Day" get-together. We were at the bar and a guy came up to place an order and saw Liz's cell phone out on the bar. He remarked something about it being a real museum piece and he couldn't believe anyone was still using them. He had to look at it.

Oh Well, Technologically Backward Me. ---RoadDog

No comments: