Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, September 27, 2013

Every Blooming THing: Late September


As the yard goes into the final burst of color.

By far the biggest color now is from the mums, mostly yellow ones. I am also getting lots of white from my many wild plants that are especially in abundance on the west side of the yard. (Each one has several hundred little white flowers, but I don't know their name.)

The Japanese lilac trees are starting to turn their light green before dropping leaves and honeylocusts starting to turn yellow.

I have been deadheading mums and dividing perennials as well as cutting back the purple coneflowers and black-eyed Susans.

I have to be careful as I have come across a lot of ground level bee nests. I keep an eye to the ground. See one bee, ok. See several buzzing around, get out of there.

Always Something to Do in the Yard. ---RoadDog

No comments: