Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Thinking About Starting My Own Christmas Radio Station


On looking through my collection of Christmas music, I have decided that I have enough to start my own one of those all-Christmas music, all the time, radio stations that pop up everywhere this time of the year. I think some start even the day after Halloween.

On my way back from North Carolina Dec. 3rd and 4th, I would listen to my CDs, then search out Christmas Music stations using that handy seek feature on the radio in the Malibu. Usually within a few pushes, I had my station and that happened along the whole way.

Of course there was the classic country station in Galax, Virginia, and the Americana/roots station in Farmer City, Illinois, which are required listening on my way to and from NC.

And, my station wouldn't play the same-old, same-old Top 40 Christman songs like a lot of them do. I can dig considerably deeper.

I'm estimating that I have about twenty Christmas albums, 20-30 pre-recorded cassettes, 30 CDs and probably another fifty cassettes that I recorded.

But, wait a minute, I don't have a radio station. Oh well. Wait another minute, this wonderfully decorated house in a subdivision right off US-12 in Wauconda, Illinois, had its own music playing at 107.1 FM to go with their display. Maybe I could get one of those and get someone to put my show on the internet.

Well, Holly Jolly to You, Anyway. --RoadDog

No comments: