Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

I Was Busted About the Wedding Ring-- Part 1


I didn't write about this in the blog for fear that Liz would find out about my lost wedding ring. Back on November 25th, I lost my wedding ring somewhere between Goldsboro and Topsail Beach, North Carolina. I looked all over for it, including the five places we stopped between the two places, but couldn't find it.

I wasn't in much desire to tell Liz about it, so kept quiet hoping she wouldn't notice when I got back home. She didn't notice.

However, Tuesday, we were at Antonio's in Spring Grove, Illinois, having tacos when Liz noticed the coasters had ring sizes and mentioned it. I quickly tried to turn the conversation away, but too late. Her next words, "And what happebned to your ring?"

BUSTED!!! And by a stupid coaster!! All those well-laid plans for naught because of a little piece of cardboard.

I thanked owner Tony for his assistance for putting those out.

I then had to tell the story and I'll follow up on that tomorrow.

Almost Got Away With It. --RoadDog

No comments: