Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, December 5, 2015

WAIR Top 20 for September 9, 1969-- Part 1: "Oh What a Night"

I am not sure where I got this from, but let's take a look back.  I am also not sure where WAIR was.  But, judging by the large number of R&B and Soul artists, I'd guess it was in the South.

1.  SHARE YOUR LOVE WITH ME--  Aretha Franklin
2.  OH WHAT A NIGHT--  Dells
3.  HONKY TONK WOMEN--  Rolling Stones
4.  HAPPY--  William Bell
5.  WHAT KIND OF FOOL--  Rhondells

6.  GET TOGETHER--  Youngbloods
7.  CHANGE OF HEART-- Classics IV
8.  PUT A LITTLE LOVE IN YOUR HEART--  Jackie deShannon
9.  YOUR GOOD THING--  Lou Rawls
10.  CHOICE OF COLORS--  Impressions

TWIN PICKS

ALL GOD'S CHILDREN GOT SOUL--  Dorothy Morrison
DON'T IT MAKE YOU WANT TO GO HOME--  Joe South

I had to listen to several of these on You Tube as I was not familiar with them.

Name That Tune:  "I Met a Gin-soaked Barroom Queen in Memphis."  --RoadDog

NEWSPAPER ERRORS:  From a California bar association's newsletter:  Correction--  the following typo appeared in our last bulletin:  "Lunch will be gin at 12:15 p.m.."  Please orrect to read "12 noon."  Oops.  Orrect me is I'm wrong but I sure would like a gin lunch if I liked gin,

"Honky Tonk Women"


"Honky Tonk Women"

No comments: