Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, December 21, 2015

WLS Top 40 Survey for December 24, 2015-- Part 2: "I've Got to Be Somebody"

35.  I'VE GOT TO BE SOMEBODY--  Billy Joe Royal  His third release went to #38 on Billboard in early 1966.  Third straight Top 40 single.  Biggest hit, of course, was 1965's "Down in the Boondocks."

34.  UNDER YOUR SPELL--  Johnny Rivers  Billboard #35 in early 1966.  His version of a Buck Owens  song that went to #4 in 1959 on country charts.  Actual name "Under Your Spell Again."  I'd never heard it before.

33.  TELL ME WHY--  Elvis Presley     Slow, excruciatingly slow.  I'd never heard it before and hope to never hear it again.

32.  I AIN'T GONNA EAT MY HEART OUT ANYMORE--  Young Rascals   Blue-eyed soul group from New York City.  Their first hit and a good one.  Peaked at #52 on Billboard in early 1966.  Follow up was #1 "Good Lovin'"  Enjoyed the video of them in their school uniform outfits.

31.  PLEASE DON'T FIGHT IT--  Dino, Desi & Billy  Their third hit peaked at #60 on Billboard.  Of course, we know about the first two of their dads.  What about Billy?

Name That Tune:  "(Yeah, I Admit You Got the Biggest Blue Eyes. "  --RoadDog


"I Ain't Gonna Eat My Heart Out Anymore"

No comments: