Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, September 8, 2019

WLS Top 40 for September 8, 1969-- Part 5: "Did You See Her Eyes"


That's right, 50 Years Ago.

The number behind the artist is how high it got on the Billboard Hot 100 national chart.

20.  I'M GONNA MAKE YOU MINE--  Lou Christie    #10   Had that falsetto thing going.  Right, Frankie?  His biggest hit was 1966's "Lightning Strikes" which went to #1.

19.  DID YOU SEE HER EYES--  Illusion       #32   This is what I call Classic Rock.  rarely played on Chicago's Classic Rock station WDRV.  Five guys from Long Island, New York.  Their only Top 40 out of three Hot 100s.

18.  YOU, I--  Rugbys     #24    From Louisville, Kentucky.  Using that fuzz box, wah-wah pedal and one groovy organ according to Music Mike.  Also should be played on WDRV.  Their only-ever Hot 100 song.  So, that makes them a ....

17.  WHAT KIND OF FOOL DO YOU THINK I AM--  Bill Deal & Rhondells      #23   Well you know how I feel about Beach Music.  And, I'm talking about East Coast Beach Music.  Even if they are out of New York City.

16.  I WANT YOU TO KNOW--  New Colony Six    #65    This is WLS supporting our local bands.  These guys were so good.  Saw them many times.

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "I'll Try Every Trick In The Book With Every Step That You Take."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"I'm Gonna Make You Mine"

No comments: