Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, September 7, 2019

WLS Top 40 for September 8, 1969-- Part 4: "That's the Way Love Is"


The number behind  the artist is how high the song got on Billboard's Hot 100 national chart.

25.  A BOY NAMED SUE--  Johnny Cash    #2      His biggest hit on the pop charts.   "How do you do?  Now you're gonna die."  "Bill or George, Anything but Sue."

24.  DADDY'S LITTLE MAN--  O.C. Smith       #34   Kind of reminds you of "Little Green Apples."   Born Ocie Lee Smith in Mansfield, Louisiana.

23.  LITTLE WOMAN--  Bobby Sherman     #3   A great pop song.  Could be classified as Bubble Gum, but that's alright as I love my Bubble Gum Music.  I'd forgotten about this song.  Starred in TV's "Here Come the Brides."

22.  THAT'S THE WAY LOVE IS--  Marvin Gaye     #7     An early "I Heard It Through the Grapevine"?
Born Marvin Pentz Gay.    First hit with #34  "Stubborn Kind of Fellow" in 1962.

21.  YOUR GOOD THING--  Lou Rawls      #18   Whole name "Your Good Thing (Is About To End)."   The Pride of Chicago.  I'd also forgotten about this one.

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "My Daddy Left Home When I Was Three."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"A Boy Named Sue"

No comments: