Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, March 8, 2020

WLS Top 40 for Week of March 9, 1970-- Part 6: "Psychedelic Shack"


15.  HEY THERE LONELY GIRL--  Eddie Holman     #2   Does a slow dancing song get any better than this?  His only Top 40.

14.  HE AIN'T HEAVY, HE'S MY BROTHER--  Hollies     #7   Words to live by.  Comment:  "Every time I hear this song I think of my 58,000 brothers we left behind in Vietnam.  I carry them in my heart every day."

13.  ALL I HAVE TO DO IS DREAM--  Glen Campbell & Bobby Gentry    #27   Glen was  born in 1936 in Billstown, Arkansas.

12.  PSYCHEDELIC SHACK--  Temptations     #7    One real crazy party going on.  "Screaming guitars, a thousand colored lights."

11.  THANK YOU--  Sly & Family Stone    #1      Full title:  "Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)".   Now if this ain't funk, I don't know what is.

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "The Road Is Long With Many A Winding Turn."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother"


No comments: