Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

JSS: Your Math Problem for Today-- Gas Under $2!!!-- The Last Panic


JSS--  Just Some Stuff

1.  YOUR MATH PROBLEM FOR TODAY--  I was in Jewel (our local grocery store for you non-Chicago area folk) last week and bought an apple pie.  Regular price was $6.99.  It was marked down $3.85, such a good deal.  How much did I pay for it and why was it marked down so much?  (Hint.  Pies haven't been found to spread you-know-what as of yet anyway.)

2.  GAS UNDER $2!!!  Friday,I got gas in McHenry, Illinois, for my Dakota at $2.05 (well, $2.04.9) and thought that was a great price.  But, yesterday, on our way over to Sunnyside in Johnsburg for St. Patrick's festivities, my eyes espied $1.86 at the Mobil station.  And, no lines.  We were getting down to below half a tank so filled up.  Never thought I'd see gas under $2 again.  But, I'm sure the virus will send it back up again.

Of course, back in 1970, had you told me I'd get excited about how low $1.86 was, I wouldn't have believed it.

3.  THE LAST PANIC--  Friday, I went to Meijer in McHenry for their fantastic Buy Ten for $10, Get One Free Deal.  This was in the afternoon and the first thing that should have tipped me off was the full parking lot.  Then, when I went in, there were only a couple shopping carts available and then I saw all those really, really full shopping carts.  Was there a hurricane on the way?

The last time I remember seeing a panic like this was back in the infamous Y2K.  Remember that?

--RoadDog

TOP TEN COUNTRY SONGS:  "I'm So Miserable Without You, It's Like Having You Here."


No comments: