Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, March 25, 2022

Even Greener Day-Before St. Patrick's Day: 1983, Irish Party Music, Donovan's Coronavirus Anniversary and Da Tournament

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16

Bob Stroud's Ten at Ten on Chicago's WDRV was on the year 1983.  A great year for music and my deejay business.  Ten great songs, but my pick was "I Want a New Drug" by Huey Lewis & the News.  I tuned in to You Tube and searched "Party Music: Irish Drinking Songs" and man was that a taste of the old country.  Give it a listen.  Kicks off with "I'm Shipping Up to Boston" by the Dropkick Murphys.  Now, if that doesn't get you in the mood for green beer, Irish whisky or corned beef & cabbage, nothing will.  Well worth a listen.

We met Kevin and Kelly at Donovan's Reef in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin.  We remembered it was two years ago tomorrow, St. Patrick's Day 2020 that the you-know-what closed down Wisconsin.  And, we were in Donovan's when it closed.  

Came home and watched the First Four NCAA Tournament game between Notre Dame and Rutgers.  And, what a game!!   Double overtime!!  Is this an indication of a good time forthcoming?

I didn't even pick a bracket for myself.  It is pretty much impossible to do with all the upsets.  

--RoadO'Dog


No comments: